Regardless of what point you are at in your personal journey, meditation and mindfulness can be wonderful tools to aid in the recovery process. Whether you’ve practiced meditation before or are new to it, these seven tips may help to ease you into meditation. Refocusing on the present moment can help you to relax, become more productive, and bring mental serenity.
1. Write down everything that is on your mind before beginning to meditate. Once you’ve run out of things to write down, you should be ready to begin.
2. Schedule time for meditation- if you don’t set aside a specific time, it likely will not happen.
3. Let go of any preconceived notions you may have about meditation.
4. Pay attention to your breathing. Be comfortable, with eyes closed, and focus on regulating your breathing to relax your body.
5. Imagine yourself sitting in your favorite nature spot.
6. When you are done practicing mindful breathing and meditation, give yourself a few moments to transition.
7. Understand that there are no rights or wrongs in meditation. It is a personal experience that you may tailor to your preferences and needs.
Click here to read the full article by Fauzia Burke for Huffington Post.